Tuesday, August 02, 2005

New Ink: Coming Soon

One of these days I'll get my brother to take some shots of my tattoos so I can add them to the blog. Those of you who don't know me in person should know that so far I have:

a Misfits skull on my right shoulderblade;

the Murphy's Law guy on my left shoulder;

an "S" for Skwire (or superstar or superstupid) on my lower back;

the word "fate" presented as the Ford logo on my left lower forearm;

a seven-pointed star in red and black on my right lower forearm;

a bluejay on my right bicep;

and 3 skull-n-crossbones on my left upper forearm.

It's getting time for new ink, and since I've got a lot of stuff on my arms already, I think it's time to get into some chest and leg work.

One tattoo that I'm considering is Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The real story behind Mr. Todd is bloody and evil (click the picture to read the whole sordid undertaking), but in the play, Todd is out for revenge against Judge Turpin that exiled him to Australia for a crime he didn't commit, and who then raped Todd's wife, driving her mad. Todd goes berzerk, and begins killing everyone, "practicing on less honorable throats" as he awaits the inevitable visit from the Judge. The image reminds me of that most caustic of critics, HL Mencken, who once opined, "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
I'm not sure where Mr. Todd will be placed; most likely on my left pectoral, over my heart.

Another tattoo I am considering is Diogenes, carrying his lantern.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A brief description may be found by clickign these colored words.
A longer one may be found by clicking the picture. I'm thinking Diogenes may be just right to balance out the skulls on my left upper forearm, and so he may go on my right upper forearm.
Huzzah for ink! Now I just need to find the money to do it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phillybits said...

How about a picture of my face on your ass?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

That way i can think of you every time I take a shit!

12:14 AM  
Blogger somegirl said...

i thought that "s" was for "superstud."

12:08 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

Somegirl: you forget the "pi" in the middle...

10:52 PM  
Blogger Tim Kelly said...

"Superspud"?

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home