Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Comments: Another Message from the Proprieter

One of the reasons I enjoy blogging is because it allows me to have my cake and eat it too: I get to write for an audience without the pressure of a weekly or monthly deadline. I hate deadlines: I have to deal with them at work, and it takes away a lot of the pleasure I get out of writing.

I have never been the type of person to keep a journal. Tim? He keeps journals like mad, and writes for one of the free papers in Newport, Rhode Island; this is why (I suspect) he doesn't update his log all that often. He's one of those people who's lucky enough to get pleasure from journaling: I need to know, or at least think, that someone's reading my stuff other than me.

Another reason I started blogging was that my friends were getting tired of receiving two dozen pieces of email calling attention to the latest crime committed by the Bush junta. "Goddman it, Brendan," they would say, "Go get a blog or something. Get a blog and I'll read it, just stop bombarding me with emails.!"

Here's the turd in my punchbowl: this blog has been going since 2003, but it's a rare occasion when I get a comment over here in bcftu-world, especially from those of you who urged me, nay nearly threatened me with decapitation, if I didn't start blogging. Lately, I think I've been putting out some high-quality work, yet my comments remain empty, outside of a random word from Ray, Alex, and Wendy. Where the heck are the rest of you?
Kate and Alex?
Tim?
Neil?
Clarence?

Do I expect the same kind of activity that atrios gets? No, of course not: bcftu isn't that kind of blog. But when I churn out some quality work, like the "This Guy I Know" piece below, it'd be nice to hear what y'all have to say.

So speak up!

4 Comments:

Blogger upyernoz said...

i'm speaking, i'm speaking

2:06 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

And I think we will speak more tonight at DL (unless i go to Jonathan Richman instead).

2:27 PM  
Blogger Phillybits said...

I wish I had the comments Atrios gets. How does one get that?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

I'll ask him tonight at DL.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home