Thursday, October 23, 2003

It's been awhile since I did any blogging, and it;'s b een equally long since I got a chance to keep up with my lefty news sources. That's because I'm in New York, getting ready to go on UncleFucker tour. We're hoping to get our hands on a laptop, so maybe I'll be able to savbe stuff to disk and cut-and-paste it to the blog later, but I have a siniing feeling that this year's tour diary, like every other one I've kept, will be in longhand.
Tour diaries fucking suck anyway. Anytime I've gone cross-country, my writing quickly becomes a litany of perceived slights from bandmates or dull-as-wood descriptions of "pinon dotted hillsides." gimme a fucky wucky break.
That said, preparations for tour are off to a lovely start. I've been getting more and more irritated with Izzy, our bandleader, before finally erupting today, about 10 minutes ago. This is aggravated by the fact that everyone else is kinda pissy with him too, and so it snowballs. It's not like anyone's at each other's throats, but there have been a couple of hairy situations.

I'm under a shitload of stress right now: I'm broke and need to get a road case lest my equipment gets damaged. I've spent the last of my money getting up to New York, and have had to borrow $200 from Izzy as it is. He's been riding my ass about getting a road case, and now says he can't loan me the money to get it because he already gave me $200. I'm pretty pissed right now, because the cat has been riding my ass about it. As it is, I have about $160 to take me through next Thursday when my brother deposits my paycheck in the bank. This is gonna have to be one of those occassions, I can already see, where I will have to beg my parents for money. Again. And I'm fucking 33 years old with a kid on the way.

One of the things that's most annoying about Izzy is that he acts as if everyone is unexperienced except him. It drives me nuts. I don't feel like I'm talking shit about him here either because I pretty much told him as muc to his face earlier this evening.

So anyway... there's not going to be too much posting here for the next few weeks, a pretty catch-as-catch can kind of situation. We're gonn abe a doing a lot of driving and working like crazy, something like 24 gigs in November alone. In fact, here's the itinerary: