Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Like a lot of people I am underpaid and underemployed. Doesn't matter that I have experience up the wazoo, a good resume, and I can write the hell of a cover letter, I'm just in bad financial straits right now. Shit happens.

To try to find a way out of this fiduciary nonsense, I am signed up with a number of job boards. One of them is Monster.com, which, to hear their ads, is the creme de la creme of employment resources. You can do it all online! They email you jobs that you might qualify for!

Maybe it's just the lousy mood I've been in, but today's email from monster didn't make things any better.

There was one, and only one, job listing: "Pennsylvania Work at Home around your schedule. Earnup to $35-$65,000+". Yes friends, my skills as a writer and editor, skills that I have put a lot of time and effort into developing, are just the qualifications I need TO STUFF ENVELOPES. Maybe next they'll send me a letter from Dr. Ubingi Ubango, son of some deposed African dictator, who will offer to give me 50% of his billion dollar fortune, as long as I send him my bank account number.

God bless George Bush and his wonderful economy. It is just as our Dear Leader says: the economy hit a rough patch, but now the jobs are coming back! Hallelujah, if I get this "Pennsylvania Work at Home around your schedule. Earn up to $35-$65,000+" job, not only will I be swimming in the green stuff like Scrooge Mc-fucking-Duck, I'll never have to leave the house again! Hooray, Huzzah! Let's hear it for good old-fashioned American know-how!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home