Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here It Comes

The depression is on the way back. I started the day before yesterday, made some inroads on Monday, and now I can feel the first subtle effects. I can't concentrate on my work. I'm hungry as hell, but food tastes like cardboard. I'm restless, can't sit down for long. Obsessing about Sam. Want to sleep, preferably for the next three weeks.

Oh yeah. It's gonna be a doozy this time. By 2:00 PM tomorrow, I'll be walking around under the hot, wet, wool blanket again. I'm leaving work soon, going to the store, and then heading home for sleep, if I'm lucky.

[UPDATE: Oy. THIS I needed like a hole in my head. If the link won't open for you, it's the latest email from Baby Center, which I subscribed to before Sam was born. Today's email is entitled "7 Signs Tha Your Child Loves You", linking to an article I knew I shouldn't have looked at but did anyway entitled "Top tips for dads on bonding with your baby." Sometimes you just want to say "I get it already, I get it. I'm missing everything. Stop rubbing my fucking face in it, OK< I fucking get it!" I mean, honestly was that really necessary?]

[UPDATE2, 2/8/06: Melissa called this afternoon to tell me that Sam is learning his ABCs and his 123's. Yeah I'm proud, but I didn't need to hear that right now.]

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

Brendan, that was a great story. would you mind if I republished a portion on utah beer?

11:25 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

sure feel free! I thought you'd enjoy it. just credit me and the blog! thanks!

10:26 AM  
Blogger upyernoz said...

hey brendan, i hope you feel better. we missed you at DL last night. take care

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home