Thursday, March 13, 2003

I own a home now. It's a nice home, although it needs work. I wish I had a link to the jawn, but I don't.
I paid a pittance for it: only $35,000 for a 2-story semi-detached twin built in 1923. Nice features, like some of the original leaded glass windows, a massive backyard, an eat-in kitchen, living room, dining room and 3.5 bedrooms.
In the past 2 days of work, a small crew and I have managed to put to coats of paint on the LR and DR, and w'eve pulled up all the wall to wall on the first floor. I just got the oil heater fixed, and this weekend I'm going to learn how to replace the waste pip in the basement.
On deck: painting the second floor, getting the floors sanded and refinishing them, laying tile in the kitchen, and getting a gas stove.
Is it any wonder I'm always tired?