Friday, May 30, 2003

I am a big fan of the Independent.
Look at this article here, and say "Gee, why isn't this in US papers?"
Then say to yourself, "Oh that's right, no one gives a shit about this anymore."
Apparently, Paul Wolfowitz has officially admitted that the weapons of mass destruction rationale was a lie. or as Pauly Walnuts puts it, "For bureaucratic reasons we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction, because it was the one reason everyone could agree on."
Excuse me while I go barf now.
Oh, wait, I'm not done yet. Also turns out that the Bush administration shelved a report by the Treasury that the "$350-billion-but-really-$800-billion" tax cut will give us a deficit of around $44 trillion dollars. Ouch. That's gonna hurt. Oh, and also buried in the measure was a clause taking away child tax credits from working poor families. Don't want those working people to horn in on the rich folks windfall, right?
Jesus, when will you answer my prayers and call these fuckers home?
But seriously folks... oh wait, I am being serious.
I especially like how the Independent holds its nose when writing about Tony Blair. Can you smell the disdain in this headline?
Ah, the aroma of fresh snark.
And while i'm bringing up snark, Paul Krugman and Nicholas Kristof have great editorials for today, May 30, in the New York Times. I would link to them, but you need to register and the links expire quick.
Oh, what the fuck, why not. I'm hungover and feeling generous with my employer's time.
Pauls column here.
and Nick's is over here.
Ahh, my hangover is now complete. Before, I just had a headache. Now I have a headache AND I want to puke.