Monday, February 07, 2005

For the benefit of all of you that don't give a turd about football, yesterday's post was related to the Eagles inability to win the SuperBowl.
C'est la vie.

A note or two on hermitude. I go through these phases of not wanting to show my face anywhere, and I am in one right now. For the past few weeks, I've been uncharacteristically buying cases of beer and not leavign the house unless absolutely necessary. Today was typical: I woke up around 8:30 or so, had soem coffeee and began searching for work. As the day wore on, I began to get hungry, but as anyone who's gotten lost in the internet knows, you can ignore all sorts of bodily functions for just... one... more... click!

I eventually decided I had to eat something, but also knew that commiting to eating meant a commitment to go outside and buy dish soap: the bottle went dry the other day and the dishes have been piling up. So I reluctantly went out (god forbid) in the sunny, 50 degree or so day and went (gasp) a whole 2 blocks to buy the soap and come back.

Later I felt guilty and went out to go to the bank, but the effort felt forced. Since my banking I have done nothing but read the news, look for work and write letters (found some interesting positions at craigslist earlier today), and sit on my fat ass. I've been totally sedentary all fucking day. I'm a sloth. I have two more beers left in the fridge, and I'm kind of hoarding them as my sleeping pills. But damn I'm thirsty....