Thursday, March 16, 2006

Jessica Simpson Gives me a Reason to Like Her

Simpson Snubs Bush.

Good on her!

She joins Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, who had some harsh words for the empty monkey suit last week. Especially Faith, who referred to the Katrina recovery as "bullshit" and said she "fears for the country."

McGraw specifically criticized President Bush. "There's no reason why someone can't go down there who's supposed to be the leader of the free world … and say, 'I'm giving you a job to do and I'm not leaving here until it's done. And you're held accountable, and you're held accountable, and you're held accountable.

"'This is what I've given you to do, and if it's not done by the time I get back on my plane, then you're fired and someone else will be in your place. '"...

Hill, who grew up in Jackson, Miss., echoed those sentiments. So overwhelmed, she uncharacteristically unleashed an epithet, calling the situation, "Bull- - - -"

"It is a huge, huge problem and it's embarrassing," she said.

"I fear for our country if we can't handle our people [during] a natural disaster. And I can't stand to see it. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out point A to point B. . . . And they can't even skip from point A to point B.

"It's just screwed up."


Maybe Jessica didn't want to raise money for a guy whose last name is pronounced "BONER".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home