Wednesday, July 16, 2003

here's this interesting little NY TImes story in which the Republicans are trying to say that all the anger over the uranium lie is "just politics."
My own fellow, Mr. Specter also believes this, or at least he says so. "They have the potential to hurt, unless they are firmly and forcefully and frequently answered," said Senator Arlen Specter, Republican of Pennsylvania. "I don't think you can let any of this go unanswered. And I don't think the president is going to take any of this lying down."

I don't think I'm going to take it lying down either. The first thing will be the inevitable call to Mr. Specter's office, posing as a relative of a recently dead US soldier in Iraq. Then will be the letter to the editor.
Arlen Specter is a piece of garbage, and everyone knows it.