Friday, July 11, 2003

Well, it's been a week or so since I wrote anything of substance here. I suppose it'll be sometime until the next one too. Or perhaps not...

When I first started doing this "blog" shit, it was because my friends got tired of getting email after email after email from me about this or that particular political shenanigan. And they were right of course, and therfore encouraged me to blog.
Thing is, I'm more interested in passing articles along, kind of Paul Revere style. And while I like writing political commentary, not only am I not disciplined enough to do it every day, there are SO many people who do a better job. Like Josh Marshall's talking points memo page. This week, like last week, he's focusing on the ramifications and maneuvering behind Bush's "yellow cake uranium from Niger" lie. The story is thankfully picking up some legs, and the Bushies' reaction has been paranoid. They're trying to lay the blame on EVERYONE: Condi is saying it's CIA Director George Tenet's fault, the National Review (edited by right-wing homophobe Jonah Goldberg, son of right-wing partisan hack Lucianne "I hate Bill Clinton" Goldberg) is smearing Joseph Wilson, who broke the fake uranium story on the Times Op-Ed page, Colin's saying all sorts of shit, and even Ari Fleisher is sounding confused. I mean, who can compete with fucking Marshall? I stand in awe.
No, my particular talent is for making crank calls and reporting what I said.
That said, there is no excuse for what the administration did and is doing in Iraq. No excuse. Lying is not OK, no matter how bad the dictator is.