Friday, October 10, 2003

Oh, and by the way, here's that Buzzflash chart.
Oh, and a fine article at Asia Times about the problems the US is having in financing the the occupation. Oh did I say "the US"? I mean to say "my country." I would say "my government" but conisdering it's the working class and middle class that will be paying for this, I'll have to say "my country." Hey who's excited for a gasoline tax?

By the way, I don't agree with this "let the Iraqis pay for reconstruction" bullshit. It's not like they asked to be bombed into the fucking Stone Age. And despite the happy horseshit coming out of the assho-- I mean the mouths-- of Rumsfeld and the Clown Brigade, the fact is that the Iraqis are living in worse squalor than before. As our newly liberated friends and guerilla attackers like to say "At least with Saddam we had electricity, water, and security." "Let's make it a loan," as Arlen Specter thinks, is stupid and unfair.
On the other hand, I don't think the American taxpayer should pay for this, at least not thos of us that were completely against the war. I think Bush should commit political suicide and rescind that offensive tax cut he gave his rich cronies.

Here's a cool cover at Time magazine: Mission Not Accomplished.