Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Bored bored bored

I'm back at work again, thank heavens. Cooking again, which in one aspect is a step backwards, but in another is relying on a skill I've had for 20 years or more to get me through the lean times. If you can't rely on your trade, what can you rely on?

Right now however, that is to say, at this very moment, I am so bored that even drinking isn't helping. No one has posted a new schedule yet at the restaurant, so I ended up with the day off. Since my current jawn is part-time, I decided to take this opportunity to inquire about a day prep position at an Italian place nearby. I headed over around 11:30 and was told to come back at 3:00. Not having much else to do, I came home, made myself some lunch, and got into bed for a few hours of shut-eye.

3:00 came, I went back to the restaurant and interviewed. Looks like I have a good shot: I know a number of people who work there, I have 20 years worth of skills, etc. So I came home, made some dinner, caught The Simpsons and...

well now what? Someone's IM-ing me, but that's more annoyance than entertainment. I'd go out but.. well, that means spending money somewhere, most likely on beer that I have here at home. But TV tonight is loathesome. I can't watch anymore of it, it's making me crazy.

As it is, I'm drinking a beer (beer number three actually), and it's not helping anything. I'd like to smoke a bit, but then, as mentioned in a previous post, then I'd just be bored and stoned.

And the internets are no fun today. Bored bored bored.

I'm readingThe Plague, by Camus. I have to admit, I would rather be bored than have the plague.

See how boring this post is? Boring, boring booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrring!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home