Friday, November 11, 2005

An Open Letter to Joseph Biden (D-MBNA)

Senator Joseph Biden
201 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Biden:

It is my understanding that you have decided to run for president in 2008. As a longstanding member of the Democratic Party, it is my responsibility to tell you that not only will I not support your candidacy, I will give significant contributions of money, time, and get out the vote efforts to anyone who opposes you. I base this decision on two major foundations, although there are several other reasons I could list as well: your foolish vote to authorize Bush to begin a war in Iraq; and your strong support of the Bankruptcy Bill.

You, Mr. Biden, are a man who cannot be trusted to do the right thing. We Democrats want to win in 2008, and you are not the man to bring us there. Every single letter you send me with a business-reply envelope will be returned stuffed with my junk mail. Any calls your campaign staff makes to my house will be dealt with as rudely as possible. If I see your signs in my neighborhood, I will tear them down or otherwise deface them. As soon as you announce your intention to run, I will be reminding my neighbors of your voting history.

Perhaps MBNA can give you enough money to run a campaign, but I doubt you can win an election with only their Board of Directors voting for you (backed, perhaps, by the last four people in America who still believe the war is worthwhile). You will not get one red cent out of me, and I will encourage my neighbors to turn their backs on you as well. On the off-chance that you get the nomination, I will not vote for President at all.

So what do you think of that, Mr. Biden? As someone who plans on voting in 2008, I expect a prompt and full response.

Sincerely,


Brendan Skwire

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Biden is the grinning bag of shit on the left. The grinning pile of shit on the right is Chuck Hagel. Hat tip to T-Bogg, who is awesome and from whence I lifted the photo.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home