Sunday, December 25, 2005

Jesus Fucking Christ

It's time for my holiday rant.

I HATE Christmas. I hate every singe thing about it.

First of all, Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December. The date is wrong, just a reflection of early Christian missionaries co-opting a pagan holiday.

I hate the whole "War on Christmas" nonsense I have to listen to every single year. You want a creche? Put it on your own property. National, state, and municipal propertuy belongs to everyone and is NOT the appropriate place for you to display your precious personal religious icons. This year, if I see any inappropriately placed mangers or menorrahs, I'm taking them away and depositing them at the local landfill.

Furthermore, it is totally gay that the Christians have a screaming hissy fit if the stores don't prominently display "Christmas" inconography, but they don't want Christmas commercialized either. Shit or get off the pot, gang. Really.

I hate the whole "Don't Make the Jews Feel Unwelcome" bullshit, equating a minor holiday like Hannukah with the big one for the Christians.

I don't like the way the supposedly more inclusive "Happy Holidays" is wrapped exclusively in the images and trappings of Christmas, and a WASP Christmas in particular: decorated trees; sleighs; wrapped presents. Fuck that shit.

Give me Thanksgiving any day. Fuck Christmas. Nothing but a stupid ass excuse to pressure people into buying shit they can't afford for people who don't deserve it. The holiday makes me feel depressed and isolated, especially when I see people loaded down with gifts who step over the homeless people begging for spare change outside the K-Mart. Very Christian. Assholes.

Someone will doubtless contact me and tell me to stop being a Grinch, and for whoever that is, I have an extended finger.

You wanna celebrate Christmas? Here's what to do:
Spend the day volunteering at the homeless shelter or the soup kitchen instead of supporting sweatshops and slave labor in Communist China. Don't buy gifts for anyone.

I'm spending a few hours at my parents' house this year, and then I'm going home to get as drunk as I possibly can without succumbing to alcohol poisoning.

2 Comments:

Blogger somegirl said...

blackout here in venezuela on xmas night...it was great! take that fucking xmas!!!!

lotta love to you mi amigo!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Brendan said...

I wrote the words "jesus fucking christ" with you in mind ms. wendy, cus it's soemthign you would say!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home