Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Banging My Head on the Table

Sam Alito's letter to James Dobson makes me feel like Don Music.

NARAL's letters to me asking for money, when they didn't do anything about Alito, make me feel like Don Music.

People like Joe Lieberman, all these people, who just don't fucking get it, make me feel like Don Music.

"Twinkle twinkle...
"Twinkle twinkle...
"Twinkle... OH GOD YOU'LL NEVER GET IT NEVER NEVER NEVER!"

South Dakota's attack on choice is outrageous. Mississippi's follow up, the next logical step, equally so. People shake their heads and wonder, How did this happen? How did it come to this?, and what can I say, the people with the money saw it coming and didn't do anything. Were other people ringing phones off the hook? I don't know. I don't understand how even one Democrat could have gotten behind this, how one person who identified as pro-choice could get behind this.

Image hosting by Photobucket

It's a failure of leadership on the part of the Democrats in Congress: these attacks on choice are a direct result of Democrats not standing together when it mattered.

I get so disappointed by how out of touch so many representatives really are with the facts on the ground. How Arlen Specter, who professes to be a man of integrity, of deep thought and foresight, a practical man with an encyclopedic knowledge of law, can support someone like Alito is beyond me. How ROBERT FUCKING BYRD, Mr. Goddamn US Consitution himself, could support Alito is utterly, criminally insane.

I realize politics is a never-ending struggle, but just once I would like to wake up wihtout screaming "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".
Figuratively speaking of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home