Thursday, February 23, 2006

Open Letter to NARAL

I got this plea from NARAL today after South Dakota passed a bill banning ALL abortions, with no exemptions for the life of the mother, rape, or incest. The bill is specifically to defy Roe v. Wade.

My response:

Dear NARAL,

I received your note asking for emergency assistance
in South Dakota. You have some fucking nerve asking me for money now.

Where were you during the Alito fight? Why are you still backing Lincoln Chaffee, Joe Lieberman, Olympia Snowe, Arlen Specter, and all the other so-called "pro-choice conservatives" who voted for cloture?

Too bad about South Dakota. And too bad you chose to sit out on Alito. If Roe gets overturned, that's in your lap, baby. Suck it up like the rest of us.

I gave you a lot of money. My family gave you a lot of money. We went to your silly little marches and everything, believing in your leadership on the issue.

And for what? Bupkes. You're still supporting Chaffee. What, exactly, did you spend my money on? Why have you only responded to my criticism of NARAL, and apparently everyone else's, since the Alito debacle with form emails?

My mother taught me to use better language than that which you deserve. I am not giving your organization money EVER AGAIN. I am going to encourage my friends, family, and colleagues to drop you as well. You don't get it. You gave a pass to the people who supported Alito. Why the hell was I giving you money to begin] with?

I don't support losers. You want some money, go invest in the wire coathanger industry.

Pardon me. I am going to use language my mother taught me not to use because she just gave me permission.

FUCK YOU, NARAL. YOU LED US ON AND SOLD US OUT.
FUCK YOU.
Brendan Skwire

Don't give ANY money to NARAL. Cut them off until they stop endorsing Snowe, Specter, Chaffee, Collins, and every other so-called "pro-choice Republican" all of whom voted for Alito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home