Friday, January 02, 2004

So on a completely different subject for a few minutes.

I'm up in Montreal right now. Melissa's VERY pregnant, the baby's dropped, and she's dilated to about three centimeters. Unfortunately, this isn't enough for the baby to be on the way, nor is she having the proper contractions (as her pregnancy has come full term, she's begun to get Braxton Hicks contractions, which are kind of precursors to the real thing; problem is, they can precursor for weeks and weeks, and they have). I'm a lot more comfortable with things than I was a few months ago, to say the least. Hell, right now I'm just fucking tired of waiting and I want him to get the hell out of there. I want to see his little face and get on with everything else I have to get on with after he's born. I know shit's going to change drastically, and that's fine. I'm just tired of waiting for it. Show up already. Show up so Melissa can start wearing regular clothes again, including some cute minis and stockings and heels. Show up so we can hire the babysitter and go out and have dinner in another couple of months. Show up so I can really get back to looking for work and getting my stupid taxes straightened out. Jesus fucking Christ, just goddam SHOW UP ALREADY!!!

Meanwhile, I'm out of work (Penn downsized me days after I returned from tour) and powerless to do anything until the holiday weekend is over, feeling like a nuisance at my girlfriend's parents' house, and desperately jonesing for personal space. Barring a birth on Monday, I'll be going out to this country session at som,e bar called the Wheel in downtown Montreal.
I don't even know what the fuck he's singing about but Tom Petty's right: "The Waiting is the Hardest Part."