Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Same but different

[We'll see if blogger will have anythign to do with half of the post.]

I'm a regular visitor to daily Kos, but lately I have been dropping by the conservative Red State as well.

Both have a large audience and many many posters, so many posters that you find yourself filtering which ones are useful and which are just bloviating.

There are some great pieces at both sites occasionally. Kos of course has a great voice and writes well. People at dailykos like Pastordan are OK, Bonddad is good. I love Cindy Sheehan's pieces. At Red State, which i haven't been visiting as long, there's some good stuff by Mike Krempasky, who's not associated with the site so much anymore. I'm sure there are others, but as I say, i'm not as familiar with Red State as I am with kos.

I do know one thing for sure however: both sites are loaded with hysterical bloviaters.

here's one from Red State; you don't have to read it all.

And what to my wondering eyes did appear? In the next paragraph, the Times reports that Senator Lindsey Graham of SC, where I currently reside and where I voted for Graham in the last election, has "negotiated a compromise" on his bill restricting access to US courts by Guantanamo detainees. A compromise? May I ask why the GOP still feels the need to seek a compromise? Especially on the heels of the new rhetoric, so long in coming, from the White House? And just what is this "compromise" to the stance I had only recently applauded Sen. Graham for taking? I'm sorry I asked

...and so on.

Here's one from kos:
I see that Bush has declared war - again. This time he's declared war on those who question his reasons for his first declaration of war - against Iraq. So Bush has moved on - again. No talk about the WMD's , the insurgents, Osma bin Laden anymore. We're on to a new target. That would be those who disagree with any decisions he made in that other war.
Is it just me or have we moved into Alice in Wonderlandville? And, of cousrse, the neocons have gotten themselves first class tickets to this new war and even have their cheerleaders all picked out. The National Review Warriors - nice twist on the name don't you think? Then there's the Rush Rovers - guess who on that team?
I would shake my head at the insanity, but it's been spun clean off over the last 5 years.


Not to put a damper on someone's political advocacy, but it gets to the point where all you want to say is SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.
Great. You have an opinion. Yup, you sure are outraged. Yup, that's some pretty great outrage you have there. May I interest you and the dorkus from Red State in a steel cage match?

Gah. Off to drinking liberally...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home