Tuesday, February 14, 2006

News of the Day

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:13:55 -0500
From: "Skwire, Steve"
Subject: Grandma is in the hospital

The situation is bad.

There is nothing that can be done about her kidneys and she is going to be needing 24 hour care. David is attempting to make appropriate arrangements. She will not be going home. They are talking about weeks or months to live.

Grandma remains completely lucid however, and I’m sure she would appreciate a call or two.


If there is a God, he had better watch out when Ida dies, because after all the indignities she's suffered, that old lady has got to be boiling, SEETHING with pent up rage at this point.

First she's gonna kick His ass for taking Grandpa Ray; then she's gonna kick it again for letting her live on for so long afterwards (Ray died when I was 8, perhaps younger: I have vivid memories of my newly-widowed Grandmother proclaiming her desire to die, and he never married or dated again. That's a LONG time to go).

Then she's gonna kick his ass for the suffering, all of it. "My eyes, You bastard, why the hell did you have to give me the blisters on my corneas? The fucking LUPUS and the tremor weren't enough?? I COULDN'T BLINK FOR WEEKS! I HAD TO HAVE PEOPLE READ ME THE GODDAMN NEWS! And what the fuck is up with leaving me lucid for all of this, could't you have put me in a fucking coma? You did as much for Ariel Sharon the war-criminal, I never killed anyone! I had to spend the last weeks of my life in a goddamn adult diaper with my adult children cleaning my private parts, and you left me conscious for this? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW UNDIGNIFIED THAT IS? DO YOU?? What kind of benevolent super-being are you anyway?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home