Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And let me just say...

I saw "Monsters, Inc." this weekend. Good flick. But let me just say this: what my ex did to me, by staying in Canada with my son, is fucking unforgiveable. Why?

Dude, when the movie got the scene where Sully the monsters was tucking in the child, I started crying. I don't mean tugging on the heartstrings cute or anything, I mean I literally broke down and fucking wept because I miss my boy so much. I'm not sure which was worse: the crying itself or the fact that I was crying, like a middle-aged housewife, at a fucking cartoon about monsters. Not "Schindler's List". Not "Fahrenheit 9-11". A fucking child's cartoon movie about monsters.

What's next, seeing reflections of my own life in "For Better or For Worse"? [No, I'll off myself if that happens.] Will I have to vet every movie I rent for the next 18 yearsto make sure there's nothing that's going to jar my sensitive nerves and glass-jawed emotions?
"Forgive" and "Forget": two words that have been excised, probably permanently, from my vocabulary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home